2nd OGGM Workshop
After the successful 1st OGGM workshop in Obergurgl, Austria, in February 2016, we will hold the 2nd workshop on the East Frisian Island Spiekeroog.
Save the date
March 29 2017 (arrival) to April 02 2017 (departure)
We will discuss all issues regarding the current state of OGGM, including:
- handling of Antarctic peripheral glaciers
- improvements to the surface mass balance module
- dynamical core and adjoint modeling
- initialization strategies
- handling debris cover
- calving/ocean-ice interaction
- running OGGM on long time scales (reconstruction and commitment experiments)
- converting the numerical core to C or Fortran
- funding strategies
- general scientific goals and rationale
We will organize the transfer from Bremen (airport and/or central station) to the island and back - specifics (particularly about the timing, which depends on the tides) will be announced later.
The workshop will take place in two adjacent, self catered apartments. This will keep costs down, while unfortunately limiting the number of participants.
The workshop fee is EUR 285,00, including the costs for accommodation. The participants will have to cover their own travel costs and their share of the costs for meals.
Please get in touch with Ben or Fabien for more information and registration.